The Student News Site of Newport High School

The Blue & White

The Blue & White

The Blue & White

In honor of Baxter Hosley

Famous fitness influencer helped people get healthy
A victim of a fatal accident, influencer Baxter Hosley died on March 10.
Instagram

Baxter Hosley was a gym influencer with a following of 600 thousand people on TikTok and Instagram. He influenced many and gave them the courage to start losing weight or eating healthier and cheaper. The main reason so many loved him was his experience as an overweight person, his humorous nature, his relatability to the average person, and his help finding healthy alternatives and cheaper products. 

His content ranged anywhere from teaching people how to achieve proper form on workouts to giving out advice for how to lose weight to reviewing food items as healthier alternatives. 

Unfortunately, Baxter Hosley and his friend, Theiven, passed away tragically on Sunday, Mar. 10.. The two boys were near Houston, Texas when they were in a fatal car accident. 

Many fans of his are on two different sides. Many are grieving and praying for the family members who lost their relatives. While still very sorry, others are stating how it was bound to happen as they have made many posts on the internet going well over the stated speed limit to get that law-breaking thrill. However people feel about the inevitability of the event, the tragic death of these two men who helped people with their insecurities is a tragedy. May they rest in peace.